Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Safest Place by Julia

The Safest Place

I came to church today feeling scared and anxious that our Africa trip was upon us. I was finding lots of things to worry or be frightened about. But that was about to change!

Even before the service began, people were approaching us to talk about the trip and to wish us well. One person very kindly prayed over me right there. Then she shared an important truth with me: “You are in the safest place when you are in the center of God’s will.” This was exactly what I needed to hear! My fears began to fade, because I knew for sure that it was God’s will for me to go.

During the service our mission team went up on the stage where we were commissioned and prayed for by the whole congregation. Then after the service, the encouragement continued as person after person gave us notes or hugs or just chatted. We left the building feeling so full and blessed to be part of this body of believers!

Back at home I opened up a note that someone had given me at church. It was filled with encouraging thoughts, including a reinforcement of the earlier truth, “You are in the center of God’s will.” It was then that I realized that I was experiencing joy and peace again. There hadn’t been any room for it with all that anxiety in my heart. But there’s lots of room for it in The Safest Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment