Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hearing God's Voice Feb 22, 2010

Preparing for the Trip has involved many stages. First, we needed to hear God's calling. Julia heard this loud and clear, and Matthew was all in about going. I was sensing God's calling, but not as clearly hearing His voice. This eventually got to a stage where I was assuming more leading from God than what was happening. I felt that God was pulling me back to a state of saying "no" about going, and that I needed to really seek Him to hear His voice. This happened while on a business trip, and God led me through a path of giving Him the decision, and making sure that I have a strong desire to do His will. Then, the direction for me (Tom) to go was strong, and God has used this to fuel my heart for Him in a strong passion, rather than just having a "show up for church" approach to seeking Him. God is worthy of our most intense energy and desires. When I seek Him with all my heart, the fire of this desire burns away less important things in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment